Free volunteer appreciation certificate templates that you can edit online before you print. Instant download and no registration is required.
How to Make a Volunteer Certificate Template
- Click on any of the black buttons above to open the certificate maker.
- Select any volunteer certificate template in the left column.
- Change the border or background if you find one you prefer.
- Change the award ribbon if you find one you prefer.
- Edit the text.
- Download and print.
You can make as many free printable volunteer certificates as you want. If you have a number of volunteers, then either make each version in the same design and just change the name or use a different design for each version. Either way, we recommend that you save your award certificates so that you can access them in the future. To do this, click on “save” and then click on “load” when you want to access them again in the future.
Uses for these Certificates
Each printable volunteer appreciation certificate template can be edited so they can be used for multiple purposes. You can edit both the text and the titles. Here are some volunteer appreciation certificate ideas:
- Best volunteer certificate
- Outstanding volunteer work
- Volunteer hours certificate (you can award this at the end of a specific period and note the hours that the volunteer spent)
- Certificate of volunteer service (you can add as much text as you want if you want to add details regarding the service)
- Certificate of volunteer work
- Volunteer of the year award
- Community service certificate
- Volunteer of the month award (some NGO’s like to award this each month to motivate volunteers)
Each template has dummy text which will help you add the wording. You can edit all text so the format can be totally changed if you prefer. The wording will depend on the circumstances but you will probably want to include the following:
- The name of the volunteer
- The place where the work took place
- The way in which the volunteer excelled (it would be for time spent, work done, contribution, etc).
- The person who issued the award
The importance of volunteer recognition
Volunteer recognition acknowledges a volunteer’s time and effort and is a sign of appreciation. It can be in the form of an award certificate or simply a phone call to thank them for their effort. No matter how you choose to do it you should not forget to make it happen. It will not only encourage your current volunteers to continue their work but it will encourage others to join the effort and give of their time or resources.
Most volunteers have many optional places to volunteer and they will choose to do so wherever they feel they are most valued. Volunteer recognition is a way to let them know that they are valued in your NGO or organization. Their effort is both recognized and appreciated.