Customize a certificate template with our free online certificate maker in under 2 minutes! Print or save on your computer. No need to download any software or register.
Select an editable certificate template from our huge selection of certificate frames and backgrounds.
Use our free online certificate maker to customize the template. Edit the text and add a logo or image.
Print at Home
Download the customized printable certificate and print at home.
How to Make a Certificate
- Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate Templates
- Graduation Certificate
Why use our certificate templates?
- Free online certificate maker with logo enables you to edit certificate templates before you print;
- 101 different certificate border designs and award ribbons;
- 100% free;
- No watermark;
- No need to download software or register;
- Takes under 2 minutes to customize and print;
- Customize the text and select the award ribbon;
- Add your own logo or photo;
- Personal or commercial use (add your logo to create a professional look);
- No limit to the number of custom certificates – create as many as you want!;
- Can be downloaded as a PDF document or an image file (jpg or png format);
- Our free printable certificates can be used for personal or commercial use but you are also not allowed to upload the certificates to any other website without linking to this website;
- Certificate printing can be done on your home printer or at your local printer.
How to customize the certificate templates?
Click on “customize” and our free certificate maker will open. Select a background. Select an award ribbon. Edit the text. You can change the entire certificate format. All text can be edited. Text can be moved around. The size and color can be changed. You can also change the fonts. If you don’t want to create your own certificate design then select any of the certificate examples that you like and select the same border and ribbon to create the same design.
If you still have a question then read the general instructions below or the more detailed FAQ.
How to customize the text?
- Select the certificate template that you want to use. They are all free!
- Click on “customize” to open our free certificate generator.
- Double click on the text that you would like to customize.
- Type the text that you want to appear.
- Repeat the last two steps until you have customized all of the text.
- If you would like to add any additional text then click “add text”. You can then drag the text to wherever you want it to appear.
- You can also move the text around if you so desire.
- Click on “print” or download the custom certificate to your computer. It can be downloaded as an image or a PDF file. If you don’t have a PDF viewer then you can get one here.
How to style the text
You can use the text as is but you can also change the style, size and color.
In order to make changes, click on the text that you would like to change.
Use the self-explanatory icons to make the necessary changes.
To change the certificate font, click on the text and then select the font from the drop-down menu.
How to add a logo or picture
You can add your company logo to the template. Click on the “image” tab and upload the company logo. Drag it around until you place it wherever you want it to appear. If you are using a template with a colored background then it is best to use a logo with a transparent background.
How do you print a blank certificate template?
If you want to print a blank certificate template then click on “customize” to open the certificate maker. Erase all of the text by clicking on the little trash can on each text box. Once you have erased all of the text you can either print or download the blank certificate template.
How do you create a digital certificate?
You can create a digital certificate instead of printing it. Download the file as a jpg, png or pdf and send it by email. If you are planning on placing the digital certificate on any website then we require that you link back to this website.
Should you print on certificate paper?
You can print on regular printer paper but printing on textured paper will look more professional. You don’t necessarily need to use a textured paper but a thicker or heavier paper will be more impressive than standard printing paper.
How to create certificate templates for Word?
You can insert the award certificate into a Microsoft Word document. Download it as an image file (i.e. jpg or png). Open the Word document. Click on File then Insert. Select the certificate file.
How to Add another Signature
The template has one signature in the samples provided but you can add as many as you like or even erase it if nobody is going to be signing. To add another signature, just click on the A to add text. Type the name of the authorized person and drag it to the correct location. If necessary change the font so that it is the same as the other signature. You can also drag it to the right or left to make it bigger or smaller.
How to Erase the Signature
You might want the certificate to be signed by hand and therefore might want to erase the signature. To do this click on the little trash can on the text box.
How to Change the Award Ribbon
Each template has an award ribbon. You can change the ribbon by clicking on another clip art award ribbon. It will replace the original one. You can move the ribbon around or erase it. You can match the ribbon to the border or make it stand out by selecting a different color. For example, if you are trying to create gold certificates then select a gold border and a gold ribbon. If you want a formal certificate then select a formal background and a formal ribbon. If you want something more informal then you can select a fun clipart ribbon. You can replace the ribbons as many times as you want until you are happy with your selection.